Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hmm..

Something interesting I found..

When your monitor (whether it is an LCD, CRT or Plasma display)
needs to display the color white, it consumes much more energy than
it would need to produce the color black or variants thereof. The
color black is the absence of light, so your monitor can turn off
the backlight for the black pixels, while the color white is all
colors combined, so your monitor has to intensify its backlight
for all of the white pixels. Think back to elementary school when
you were taught about prisms. Black and white are not part of the
color spectrum, rather the absence or presence of all the colors.
Many web developers are "going dark" to save energy.

Taken from Jaxify.com

So I'm already doing that with my blog! Wee! (Actually its because pictures look better when put against a dark background) So I'm doing my bid to conserve energy! Wee!!

So are YOU! When U visit my blog! Haha. Just kidding eh?

No comments: